Thursday, October 27, 2005

Grand Rapids Marathon– October 30, 2005



This Sunday I’m running the Grand Rapids Marathon. It will be my 10th marathon. Ironically, the first one I ran back in the early ‘90s was after I recovered from back surgery. Each one of these is a thrill and a big “thank you” for my recovery and the chance to run.

The challenge in a marathon is that one has to plan for it and train over the long haul. No one can spontaneously decide to do one. For first-timers, I like to tell them that the race is actually the victory lap after months of training and miles.

I’ve gone through three pairs of shoes and 800 miles to get ready for this one.

What makes this race special for me is that I’m dedicating my run to a friend and college roommate who was just diagnosed with cancer. Pray for Chris’ healing as he and his family run a greater race than I can ever imagine…

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 27, 11:22:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger mark said...

yeah...
ya know steve.. i'd join you on this one... but i won't be in town and I'd have trouble running 1 mile..

however.
I will be in nashville.
so we will have to hang out.

riddle

 
At Sat Oct 29, 11:51:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger steve said...

Riddle...
I know you'll be with me "in spirit!"

Yes, Nashvegas for sure. Count on it my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home