Thursday, July 07, 2005

Love and prayers for London and the world...


top.bus.07.ap.jpg, originally uploaded by Run Steve Run.



I'm a bit numb as I heard of the bombing this morning. I feel frozen to go about my daily activity while people, hours away, are pulling out of the carnage. I'm embarrassed to say that it's hard for me to slow down and consider the hurting, exploited, and dying in our world. God, help me to face it... embrace it... do my part to bring peace, protect the innocent, reject all forms of oppression and violence.

Maybe it's hard for me to stop and consider it all because so often I feel like a walking contradiction. God have mercy on me...


"Only a suffering God can help." – Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Letters and Papers from Prison)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home