Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Peace

Tonight , after we attend Mars Hill’s Christmas Eve service, we will head back to Milwaukee to visit family and friends. Our schedule is full as we celebrate my birthday, Jen’s and my anniversary, and Christmas.

I’m officiating a wedding for a great couple on the 23rd. Emily, the bride, was a former student in my high school ministry. These are the thrills that come with doing student ministry… continuing to be a part of "students" lives after high school is over.

After Christmas, we head to Northern Wisconsin to Fort Wilderness where we’ll be at Elmbrook Church’s Middle School Sno Rodeo retreat. I’m speaking for the retreat and our whole family is going.

In the midst of this busyness, I wanted to be sure to wish you all a Christmas filled with meaning and peace. I wrote in a recent email, this:

As with every year end, I find myself assessing my past year and dreaming of what might be for the next. All this is mixed in the context of the unknown- a place filled with surprises, grief, and joy all wrapped up in one. This is the world Jesus enters and Christmas celebrates.

God’s blessings on you in your year’s “ends and beginnings.”

God’s peace from our family to you- Steve, Jen, Kara, Elise, Lauren

1 Comments:

At Thu Dec 22, 12:05:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve now I know Mars Hill has some serious theological issues, as Christmas eve is not for two more days! 8>)

Hey you need to turn your full RSS feeds back on. For some reason I am only getting partial.

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home