Friday, January 20, 2006

if i have wireless in my cabin… is it still considered camp?

One of the joys for me in working with our GR Cohort is getting the opportunity to do ministry together with some of our cohort members in their ministry context. This weekend I head to New Hampshire for a retreat with Brian Dietz’ Junior High Group at Grace Chapel (Lexington, MA).

Brian had a brush with “fame” this past year as he and his Middle School ministry were interviewed for Time’s
Being 13
feature article. Article or no article, Brian’s the real deal and I’ve seen how he loves his kids and leads them well. I’m glad to hang out with him and his group this weekend and I’ll be giving four messages.

He also tells me that my cabin may have wireless. This makes me happy, though I wonder if I can still call this going to camp? The food will probably will define it for me. I’m not taking any chances… I’m packing power bars.



One more thing. Their theme this weekend is “The Incredible(s),” so that’s why you see the picture of me with the action figure…

Before you click away from this post… I'd love for you to pray that this might be a signficant weekend for all of us on the journey.

Thanks. Peace.

4 Comments:

At Fri Jan 20, 09:33:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Mike said...

Hey dude, I just prayed for you and am excited to hear how God worked through the weekend.
But wireless in your cabin, come on! That's just cheating.
Love ya bro, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 09:59:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger steve said...

I'm not SURE I have wireless there, yet.
Is it wrong to pray for it?

There's now wireless at the GR Airport... so even this is a new "happy place" for me!

Thanks for praying, bro. Love ya.

 
At Fri Jan 20, 11:55:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

Steve - Do the horses at camp have GPS devices strapped to them?

God, may you fall in a unique way on Steve as he seeks to live out the gospel with these students this weekend. May you stir the hearts of the middle schoolers and draw them into a deep drink of Jesus.

Amen

Love ya brother!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 12:32:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Tank said...

I prayed for you guys, and I hope you have wireless at your cabin because that makes Jesus happy, or not, I can't remember.

Tank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home