Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas... cake


We make a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas.

In the past, we would make the cake and then just eat it. That is, until Elise had this conversation…

“Dad, I’m thinking about Jesus birthday.”
“Good.”

“I’m wondering why, if it’s Jesus birthday, why Jesus doesn’t get any cake?”
“Good question, Lisi (not knowing what else to say!). What do you think about that?”

“I think we should whip cake into the air for Jesus.”
“I think that’s a terrific idea.”

And our tradition began. Now, every Christmas, we take our Jesus birthday cake and each whip a piece into the air for Jesus.

Jesus gets cake. And I think God smiles.

1 Comments:

At Fri Dec 30, 07:08:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger @m said...

Steve,
What a coincidence! This is very similar to the 3rd paragraph of my most recent blog! Well . . . kina:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home