Friday, November 18, 2005

I’m Headed to YS in Nashville today… and I Wonder Why I’m so Excited…

Maybe it’s because of the spectacle of the event… even more… because it’s something I believe in…

Because of the Triune nature of God… I believe in the value of the gathered community.

Because of the Sovereignty of God… I believe that each of us is gathered for a reason.

Because of the Love God… I believe that we offered the opportunity to love God back and love others.

Because of the Missio dei… I believe that each of us is called to a purpose.

Because of the Story of God… I believe we know where and to whom we belong.

Because of the Mystery of God… I believe we are called to faith.

Because of the Word of God… I believe God speaks by his Spirit, through the Scriptures, in community.

Because of the Glory of God… I believe we are called together to worship (and this goes beyond singing).

Because of the Imago dei… I believe we are the actual, physical, tangible presence of Jesus (“You are the body of Christ…”).

Because of the Holiness of God… I believe we are called to examine ourselves and weep over personal and corporate sin.

Because of the Compassion of God… I believe we are called to serve the least of these.

Because of the Cross of God… I believe we are called to sacrificial living.

Because of the Grace of God… I believe we are called to bless and serve others as co-redeemers with God.

Because of the Will of God… I believe each of us is called to a journey.

Ever-present God, I pray I will listen with my ears and see with my eyes and feel with my heart, and be filled with anticipation because of who you are and who you call us (me) to be. May this excite me more than anything else.

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 18, 08:01:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger heather said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. A good reminder of the holistic God that we serve... Have a great trip! Stick to your promises.

 
At Fri Nov 18, 02:01:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

Stevo - Hope you have a blast in the Nash. Wish I could be there.

What is your role in the Etrek at Biblical. I saw you on the list of facilitators. I am thinking about joining.

Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home