Monday, November 21, 2005

YS Convention: snapshots and promises update...

So... the great part about posting my promises! was that it helped me think about what I was doing for the YS weekend. I actually had people asking me about them at the convention... whew, the pressure!

Without boring you by going through my list again, I'll just mention that I desperately needed the centering in the prayer room as was grateful for it (thanks YS team for carving out that physical space), my running was on target though I ran on the treadmill because I was up early and did more interval training. I still have my backpack to give away, and I didn't get to any completely different seminars like I did in Pittsburgh due to the time crunch. I heard some amazing stories from people. I just think we all need to hear more kingdom stories that inspire us. I didn't get to grab a beer with Marko or Tic (they were a bit busy!), but I did get a great big hug from Marko in the elevator... which may have had the same effect as a beer for me!

Below are a few pics I took. Hopefully, they'll bring back some good memories for some of you fellow attendees (for some reason, this post looks better in explorer than safari. I can't figure out why, so my apologies if this looks confusing!)...


Van Halen has been stuck in my head since last weekend...

youthworker necessities…

coffee

internet


elvis lives (my impression with rock star youth pastor, Don Helton, from Indiana)


ron wondergem- Grand Rapids, MI church planter (Lighthouse Village) and Reformed Bible College prof, steve, mark riddle- The Riddle Group founder , dave Livermore- Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, Intersect, awesome friend


our Saturday seminar, intersecting theology and youth ministry


free stuff! Thank you sponsors!


proof that I'm just taking ONE freebee


One life. thank you to all who worked on the AIDS exhibit. This is more than a cause...… it's an emergency.


Thank you YS team! You make us feel...… amazing.

It's been a great season. I look foward to the ripple effect from these gatherings.

Peace, friends!

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 21, 11:10:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Unknown said...

I happen to have just moved from GR to Nashville, after graduating from a school in the area. I now work as a youth minister and will look forward to checking in on your blog every now and again. God bless...

 
At Tue Nov 22, 10:13:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Tory Jane said...

Hey Steve - Do you know Steve Gerali? He was one of my professors at Judson, and does some work with YS now... And I think you got a picture of him in your Starbucks shot... Guy in the white shirt on a cell phone. I was looking through the pics, and was like, "Hey, that's Steve Gerali!"

Anyway, I'm glad your time at the YS convention was awesome... Way to go on keeping (most) of your promises! I've enjoyed reading the updates... They've been encouraging. So thank you...

 
At Tue Nov 22, 12:01:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger william said...

hey steve!

I believe I am going to be in Grand Rapids Saturday and Sunday and have been entertaining the thought of getting coffee with you.

Let me know if this works for you or not. I'd love to chat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home